Position Summary: Senior Application Engineer / Field Application Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Minimum BSc in Electronics Engineering or CS
Functional Area: Technical Customer Support, Sales and Local Marketing
Location Detail: Yokohama – Japan
Travel Requirement: 20 – 40 %
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
Number of openings: 1
Are you a technology enthusiast but don’t want to be focused on just one specific technology? Would you prefer to gain insight into a broad range of industrial products deploying our System-On-Modules instead of coding all day long?
This position at Toradex is a great opportunity for an intrinsically motivated engineer who prefers to be the technical interface between a client’s engineering team and our R&D department.
You may be well suited for this position if you enjoy digging into complex problems while still maintaining a holistic view, mastering both embedded hardware & software. Paired with good communication skills, this position will enable you to assist hundreds of customers to develop products based on the latest technologies.
· Provide Engineering Support to our fast growing customer base in Japan
· Support our Sales and Development Teams
· Japanese Customers across all industries sectors
· Global Product Development Teams in Toradex
· Key Account Managers at Toradex K.K.
· Head of Sales JP, Yokohama
Roles & Responsibilities
· Interface with customers at the evaluation and design stages and assist them in becoming comfortable with Toradex Computer on Modules
· Analyze customer requirements and develop a range of conceptual solutions including high level system architectures
· Resolve customer issues in collaboration with the development team
· Promote superior technical values of Toradex products
· Support local Marketing activities such as localized documentation, webinars, participation at exhibitions and customer visits
Desired Candidate Profile
· Passionate about integrating Toradex technologies in new customer products
· Understand and appreciate the diverse range of applications across different industries
· High-integrity, honest, open, team player, self-motivated and consummate professional
· Excellent communication skills
· English language skills in reading/writing/speaking comparable to Level B2 CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Desired Technical Skills
· Detailed experience in ARM computer systems
· Software and hardware debugging skills
· Ability to understand hardware schematics and datasheets
· Understanding I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/Ethernet or other industrial interfaces
· Good knowledge of Embedded Linux.
· Experiences with other embedded operating systems like Windows CE, Android or other RTOS are an advantage.
· Knowledge of BSP and OS Driver concepts
· Experience in C/C++/C#/JAVA programming
· Proven knowledge of computer architectures and GUI frameworks
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/view?code=TX_J_FAE_20170829 →